As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A pontoon tow bar is an important piece of equipment for anyone who owns a pontoon boat. It allows you to easily tow your boat behind your vehicle, making it much easier to transport. There are many different pontoon tow bars on the market, and it can be difficult to determine which one is right for you.
In this blog post, we will discuss the different types of pontoon tow bars available and list a few of the best ones that you can buy.
What Is A Pontoon Tow Bar?
A pontoon tow bar is a device that is used to tow a pontoon boat behind a vehicle. It typically consists of two parts: an A-frame that attaches to the front of the vehicle, and a tow bar that attaches to the rear of the pontoon. The tow bar typically has a hitch receiver on one end so that it can be easily attached to the vehicle. The other end of the tow bar typically has a loop or a hook so that it can be easily attached to the pontoon.
There are many different pontoon tow bars on the market, and they vary in price and quality. Some tow bars are made from steel, while others are made from aluminum. Steel tow bars are typically more durable and heavy-duty, but they also tend to be more expensive. Aluminum tow bars are lighter weight and typically less expensive, but they may not be as durable as steel tow bars.
What to consider while choosing a pontoon tow bar?
When choosing a pontoon tow bar, it is important to consider the size of your boat and your vehicle. You will need to make sure that the tow bar you choose is rated for the weight of your boat. You will also need to make sure that the tow bar can be easily attached to your vehicle. If you have a smaller vehicle, you may want to choose a tow bar that has a smaller hitch receiver.
The Best Pontoon Tow Bars
There are many different pontoon tow bars on the market, but there are a few that stand out from the rest. The following are three of the best pontoon tow bars that you can buy:
1. The Universal Pontoon Ski Tow Bar
The Universal Pontoon Ski Tow Bar is a fairly small design (40.5″ W x 21.125″ D x 46.36″ H), making it quicker and easier to install than bigger versions. This isn’t a terrible DIY project as long as you follow the instructions carefully. This design is constructed with aircraft aluminum. Because aircraft aluminum is both lighter and more durable, it’s a great choice here.
This one is built from polished aluminum with a mirror finish and has 2.25″ diameter tubing and three pre-assembled pieces, so there isn’t much to do before you install it. It also includes a 500-pound towing capacity and a five-year manufacturer’s warranty.
2. Monster Swing Turbo Swing Tow Bar
Monster Swing’s tow bar is a great choice for Pontoon boat owners who want to tow skis and other heavy equipment from their vessel. It’s inexpensive, easy to use, and adaptable with a wide range of water sports equipment. It’s also highly recommended for its flexibility.
It’s a clever invention that elevates the towrope above the wake, keeping the towline above water, and promises to add up to 20 horsepower of towing power. This product is safe for a variety of products, such as tubes; wakeboard gear; skiing, and other equipment.
- Corrosion resistant 316 stainless steel tow bar elevates the tow rope to keep it clear of the wake and prop wash
- Pulley system affords smooth, consistent pulls
- Universal motor bracket installation – fits virtually any brand of outboard motor
- Tow ropes clip quickly and easily to TurboSwing pulley system
- Accommodates multiple riders
3. Origin OWT-I Wakeboard
This pontoon tow bar, made by Origin, is a simple yet dependable bar to consider. It includes straightforward installation, a gleaming aluminum finish, and a 5-year guarantee—providing you with peace of mind should your item break or deteriorate in harsh conditions.
This tow bar is extremely robust and dependable, able to withstand a substantial amount of weight and pull from skis or inflatables. Origin also provides all of the necessary hardware for installation, as well as an easy-to-install tow bar.
- Wakeboard Tower – Adjustable tower that fits boats from 68″ to a 98″ beam
- Wakeboard Tower for Boat – Universal tower design adjusts for width during installation. Fits most boats 17′ – 22′ in length
- Polished Aluminum Wakeboard Tower – All Tubing is 2.25 inch 6063 polished aluminum and hardware is stainless. Tower comes with mounting hardware and single bolt feet for an easy installation
- Easy Installation – The Advancer tower is an easy install. It will take 2-3 hours for installation.
- 5 year warranty from manufacturer defect
The best way to find the perfect boat-related item for you is to conduct your study. After you’ve compiled a variety of choices, use the above criteria to narrow down your options, as well as the above reviews to assess the quality and simplicity of use of your product against our recommended alternatives.
It’s critical to remember that, in the interest of your safety, you should not skimp on quality. Make sure the tow bar you buy is constructed of sturdy, long-lasting materials and that the installation gear is certified and handcrafted by a specialist. This will help you avoid any mishaps and guarantee that every trip on your Pontoon boat is enjoyable.
- 5 Best Pontoon Boat Fenders
- Top 5 Electric Pontoon Boats in 2022
- Top 4 Fastest Pontoon Boats You Can Actually Buy
- Pontoon Boats with Cabin: Top 4 Models to Consider
- Pontoon Seat Covers: What to Look for and Suggestions
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.