As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you have a pontoon boat, then you know that it is important to keep it protected. One way to do that is by using pontoon fenders. Fenders are placed on the side of the boat and help absorb the impact if there is a collision with another boat or dock. There are many different types of pontoon fenders available, and it can be hard to decide which one is best for your boat.
In this listicle, we will discuss the 5 best pontoon fenders available on the market today. We will talk about their features and why they are a great choice for protecting your boat.
Top 5 Pontoon Boat Fenders You Can Try
#1 Polyform G Series
The Polyform G Series are cylindrical bumpers with molded ribs that come in six different sizes and a wide range of brilliant, attractive, and long-lasting hues, so you may match your boat’s appearance to your preferences.
Polyform has been manufacturing buoyets for over 50 years, so they must have learned a lot during that time. The G Series fenders are proof of that! They’re made of abrasion- and puncture-resistant material to ensure they can withstand a real beating.
The included ribs provide more durability, while the reinforced rope holds ensure long-term use. Polyform also has a flat head screw seal, which is leak-proof in comparison to other brands’ needle valves that are more prone to leaking.
The Polyform G Series Boat Fenders are shipped inflated and without an inflation valve.
- A general purpose value boat fender made by Polyform and manufactured in the USA
- G-1 fenders are recommended for boats under 10 ft. in length
- Designed for recreational trailered boats in protected moorings
- G-1 boat fenders measure 3.5 in. diameter and 12.8 in. tall with an eye diameter of 0.375 in.
- This small craft fender ships as a single unit pre-inflated without an inflation valve
#2 Taylor Made Products 71026 Big
Taylor Made’s Big B boat fender is both useful and attractive, making it a great choice for your next pair of kayaks. The latest addition to the Sanyo Kizuna line of kayaks is a simply gorgeous boat, with superb performance and value. It has an extremely sleek profile thanks to its full-length factory-sealed deck and molded ribs that minimize rolling. It also has a center rope tube that allows end-to-end line passage, so it may be hung vertically or horizontally with a single line.
These are ideal for boats between 25 and 35 feet long, but they come in three other sizes to fit boats up to 60 ft long.
Taylor Made’s Big B Fender provides the ultimate protection for your boat with its ribbed design, minimizing boat roll in high wind waves, ocean swell, and other types of unexpected weather.
- VERSATILITY— Our fenders give you options to hang them horizontally or vertically with a single center rope that accepts up to 5/8” in diameter for end-to-end line passage, adding protection to your boat’s hull in pilings, docking and tidal change areas
- UNIQUE DESIGN — Taylor Made Big B Fender combines the latest fendering technology with design innovation with its one-piece seamless design with valve seats molded into the fender for long-lasting protection and top performance in all types of conditions
- DURABILITY — Crafted with resilient and tough-marine-grade vinyl, our boat fenders maintain their soft exterior in all temperatures. They withstand the most corrosion-creating environments and is the perfect choice for a long-lasting fender for your boat
#3 Norestar 4-Pack Ribbed
This Norestar package comes with four inflatable fenders and four black 5′ x 3/8″ fender lines. This will be enough for docking small boats (20 feet or less) on this 20-foot yacht.
Fenders from Norestar can be hung vertically or horizontally, and they have a double-eye pattern, which means you may choose. They also include non-abrasive vertical ribs for strength and protection, as well as a durable marine-grade vinyl construction that can withstand salt, sun, and wear.
The 5-½” x 20′′ fender protects boats up to 20 feet long, the 6-½” x 23′′ fender protects boats up to 25 feet long, and the 8-¾” x 27′′ fender protects boats up to 30 feet long.
- Double eye: hang vertically or horizontally
- 5-1/2″ x 20″ fender protects boats up to 20′; 6-1/2″ x 23″ protects boats up to 25′, 8-1/2″ x 27″ protects boats up to 30′
- Non-abrasive vertical ribs for added protection; safe for gelcoat
- Ships DEFLATED; inflate with standard sports pump
- One 5′ x 3/8″ black fender line per fender included
#4 MISSION Boat Gear Sentry
Goodbye to lines, knots, and all the aggravation that usually goes with docking with a boat fender.
The MISSION Sentry boat bumpers have a contemporary and cutting-edge design that is both protective and time-saving. The rub rails on this chair are made of polyethylene foam, which won’t absorb water and resists fading from the sun’s harmful UV rays. They also have a hanging mechanism that protects both the lower and upper sections of the rub rails, as well as their shape and length.
They also complement the curve of your boat’s hull, preventing them from getting trapped on top of the dock or knocked out of position. In addition, their integrated strap system connects to the boat’s cleats and docks for a rapid and simple setup.
- MAX PROTECTION – An innovative hanging system enables easy positioning on a boat or dock offering protection both above and below the rub rail, unlike traditional fenders. *Patents pending
- HUGS CONTOURS – With a hanging point that’s lower than traditional fenders, SENTRY hangs at an angle that aligns with the contour of your boat’s hull. This keeps SENTRY from getting caught on top of the dock and adds to the beautiful aesthetic of your boat.
- INNOVATIVE MATERIAL – Molded in a cross-linked closed-cell foam that is extremely durable. This patented material doesn’t absorb water and resists fading from the sun’s harmful UV rays. It also doesn’t contain nasty chemicals, like vinyl chloride, so it’s more environmentally friendly than traditional fenders.
#5 VIVOHOME Vinyl Boat Fender
This VIVOHOME fender kit is perfect for boats, pleasure craft, sailboats, rowboats, and docks and includes four 6.5 x 24 in. boat fenders, four 5.2′ ropes, and four inflating needles with a hand pump to inflate your bumpers.
This pair of fenders has an oval design, a heavy-duty UV-resistant PVC construction with reinforced eyelets on both ends—so you may hang them vertically or horizontally without fear of tearing—as well as vertical ribs for enhanced strength.
This kit includes everything you’ll need to quickly inflate and install them, as previously said. There have been no problems with deflation after a few weeks. They’re also quite small, which is great for storing.
They also have a significant buffer effect, which will safeguard your boat from harm caused by severe impacts on hard surfaces.
|BEST||MISSION Boat Gear Sentry|
|RUNNER UP||Norestar 4-Pack Ribbed|
|BUDGET DEAL||Polyform G Series|
Why The MISSION Boat Gear Sentry is the best?
MISSION Boat Gear’s Sentry boat fenders are the best on this list because of their contemporary design, cutting-edge features, and time-saving hanging mechanism. Their integrated strap system quickly and easily connects to your boat’s cleats and docks, while their polyethylene foam rub rails won’t absorb water and resist fading from UV rays. In addition, the Sentry fenders complement the curve of your boat’s hull, preventing them from getting trapped on top of the dock or knocked out of position. Choose the entries for a rapid and simple setup that will protect your boat in style.
In conclusion, the best pontoon boat fenders on the market are the MISSION Boat Gear Sentry fenders. Pontoon fenders are an essential part of owning a pontoon boat. They protect your investment from damage caused by waves, docks, and other boats. There are many different types and brands of pontoon fenders on the market, so it’s important to do your research to find the best pontoon fender for your needs.
I hope this listicle has helped you narrow down your choices and find the perfect pontoon fender for your boat. Thanks for reading!
- Pontoon Boats with Cabin: Top 4 Models to Consider
- Pontoon Seat Covers: What to Look for and Suggestions
- Best Anchors for Pontoon Boats: What You Need to Know
- Pontoon Boat Accessories: The Must-Have Accessories for a Fun Day
- Pontoon Trailer Guides: What You Need to Know About Trailers
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.