Pontoon Boat Accessories: The Must-Have Accessories for a Fun Day
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pontoon boats are a great way to spend a day on the water with friends and family. They are perfect for fishing, swimming, and just relaxing in the sun. But to make sure your pontoon boat outing is as fun as possible, you need to bring along the right accessories.
In this blog post, we will discuss the must-have pontoon boat accessories and provide some suggestions on how to pack for your next trip!
Top 8 Pontoon Boat Accessories
Let’s take a look at some accessories that you should get before you get on for your next trip.
1. Under-Deck Lighting
Marine-grade lighting beneath your boat’s deck isn’t something you’ll want to use every time you’re out on the water. It’s a really enjoyable pontoon boat accessory whether you stay out late or not.
As you journey around the lake with the boat lights on, the water beneath glows with magnificent color from the illumination. The great thing about under-deck lighting is that it doesn’t interfere with any of the existing lights on board. It also attracts fish, which is a bonus for those in the group who like to fish.
Green Blob Outdoors Marine Navigation LED Light Strips Kit Red, Green, 2 White, for Pontoon, Bass, Ski, Wave Runner, Jon Boats and Kayaks
- BE SEEN: Extremely bright providing a smooth and even illumination effect, Your watercraft will be able to be seen from much greater distances than other nav lights. Your kit includes Red, Green, and 2 White 12 inch Navigation Light Strips. All with 2ft power leads and outdoor 3m tape backing. Easy Crimp On Wire Caps also included.
- BRIGHT & SMOOTH: Our LED Strips are extremely bright and provide a smooth and even illumination effect.
- EXTREMELY FLEXIBLE: These LED strip boat light kit are the most flexible and durable strips availablle. Perfect for mounting around extreme corners and bends
- WATERPROOF Rated for both fresh and salt water. Strips are encased completely in silicone.
- EASY INSTALLATION: Use the provided wire crimp nuts to connect to a common 12 volt power source. Connect directly to your existing Navigation wires or connect to any 12 volt power source.
2. Fencing-Mount Barbecue Grill
Even if you didn’t buy it with a barbecue station, there are several alternatives to attach a barbeque to your pontoon or tritoon. The simplest grill available is Arnall’s basic bracket. It connects to the fencing and may then be used with any portable camping stove. The bracket is affordable, and consumers give it excellent marks.
3. Corner Bumpers
The most common location for your pontoon to be damaged is at the dock, where people moving about and waves push the boat against it. If you don’t get your angle correct as you approach the dock, pontoons may also dent in the corners of the deck.
When shopping, keep in mind that there are two versions of these bumpers: those for square-cornered boats and those for round-cornered boats.
- Designed for 90 degree square corners, will not fit rounded corners
- 90 degree corner is 3.5” wide and measures 8” down each side. It is 11.5 “ wide if measured directly from tip to tip
- Mount to the original factory installed aluminum corner, includes all stainless fasteners
- Constructed from a special Gray PVC formulated to match the aluminum color of the boat
- Designed to provide an air-cushioned impact when docking
4. Controllable Lighting
How would you feel if you got lighting inside your boat that is controlled via your phone? It sounds amazing, and it is. You can get pontoon boat lights that are controllable via an app on your phone. Plus, The Music Sync feature lets lights dance to the beat of any song on your phone.
The light strips are waterproof, have 16 different colors, and have four modes (flash, strobe, fade, and smooth). They can be used for safety or for decoration.
8pc 36″ + 8pc 10″ Strips Boat Marine Interior Accent Lighting XKchrome App Control Interior LED Accent Light Kit for Yacht Pontoon Mastercraft Malibu Supra Tracker Yamaha Supra Bayliner
- Smartphone BLE 4.0 app controlled. Most advanced smartphone controller on the market.
- 8pc 10in flexible strips. 8pc 36in flexible strips.
- 16 million vibrant colors, DIY pattern maker, music sync, and ALL NEW speed sync.
- XKchrome’s Music Sync feature enables lights to dance with the rhythm of any song in your phone.
- Waterproof controller, leds, and plugs ready for the elements.
5. Emergency Light
Accepting this reality is perhaps the most important step you can take to ensure your boat’s safety. If you keep your boat in a slip at night, you’re sure to stay out later than planned and reach the dock in the dark. It can be uncomfortable if your boat doesn’t have docking lights or if the illumination isn’t very strong. A spotlight is an ideal solution for this problem.
All you have to do now is connect it in and you’ll be good to go. This pontoon boat must-have is extremely bright.
6. Rail-Mount Rod Holders
There are million-rod holders on the market, and they’re all rather similar, but this one is unique to pontoon boaters. It’s designed to fit on your pontoon’s fence rail. These rod holders are ideal since they emerge a little from the boat so you don’t hit the rods as you walk around the stern area. It’s affordable and constructed of sturdy metal, with no plastic.
7. Monster Swing Tow Bar
A pontoon isn’t built for performance, but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a fantastic ski or tube ride out of one. Pontooners, on the other hand, need all the help they can get to provide a quick and smooth trip for the skier or tuber.
The monster swing is a costly addition to the pontoon boat, but it eliminates drag by raising the rope above the engine and wake. It also has a pulley on the bar that rotates to provide smoothness to the ride even if your pontoon boat isn’t as sharp as others.
- Elevates the tow rope above the wake, provides smooth consistent pulls and can improve towing power up to 20 horsepower
- Features a stainless steel tow bar with mounting clamps that attach directly to your existing outboard motor bracket
- Enables the rope to smoothly travel from side to side resulting in less effort and better performance
- Turbo Swing can be mounted to virtually any outboard powered boat
- Great for: inflatables, runabouts, cabin boats and pontoons
8. Pontoon Boat Double Drink Holder
One of the most pontoon-specific accessories you can find, this drink holder is designed to attach to the pontoon fencing. It has two cup holders and a small shelf in between them, perfect for holding snacks or other items you might need while relaxing on the pontoon. Also, it’s made of durable polyethylene so it won’t fade in the sun.
These are just a few of the pontoon boat accessories that can make your day on the water more enjoyable. With so many options available, you can customize your pontoon to suit your specific needs and preferences. Plus, pontoon boats are relatively affordable, so you can get all the features and accessories you want without breaking the bank. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and enjoy the pontoon life.
Some pontoon boat accessories are:
– pontoon boat bumpers
– controllable lighting
– emergency light
– rail-mount rod holders
– monster swing tow bar
– pontoon boat double drink holder
While some of these pontoon boat accessories are pontoon-specific, others can be used on any type of vessel.
Pontoons are often thought to be safer than traditional boats because they’re more stable. However, this isn’t always the case. Pontoons can tip over just like any other boat, so it’s important to be aware of the potential risks before heading out on the water. Also, pontoon boats are often used in shallower waters, so they can be more susceptible to damage from waves and other underwater obstacles.
In addition to the pontoon boat accessories mentioned above, there are a few other items you should bring on a pontoon boat:
– life jackets
– first aid kit
– fire extinguisher
These items are essential for any type of boating, so be sure to pack them before heading out on the water.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.