Float tubes have become a popular fishing tool over the years. They offer anglers a great way to get out into the open water and fish for bass, trout, and other game fish.
In this article, we will discuss what fishing float tubes are and how to choose the best ones for you. We will also provide a list of the 10 best fishing float tubes on the market today. So whether you’re just starting fishing or you’re looking for an upgrade, read on for all you need to know about fishing float tubes!
What are fishing float tubes?
Fishing float tubes are inflatable devices that anglers use to float on the water while fishing. They typically have a seat and backrest for comfort, as well as fishing rod holders and other features to make fishing easier. Float tubes come in different sizes and shapes, so you can find one that’s perfect for your needs. Many anglers prefer float tubes because they offer a great way to get out onto the water without having to invest in a boat or kayak. Plus, they’re relatively inexpensive and easy to transport.
How to Choose the Best Fly Fishing Float Tube
The best fishing float tube will be well-built, feature a high and comfortable sitting position, plenty of storage, and a high portability factor (backpack straps and/or lightweight).
The great thing about inflatable float tubes is that you don’t need much more equipment. Some of the float tubes on this list include additional accessories such as fins or a pump for inflating your belly boat. You may also want to invest in accessories like rod holders, anchors, or dry bags based on the gear you have.
Most modern belly boats feature plenty of storage options, such as several pockets. It might take some getting used to, but once you’re comfortable, it’s an enjoyable and relaxing way to catch fish. And it will bring you to places you didn’t think possible before.
It’s also a nice method to fish if you’re going for catch-and-release since you’ll be close to the surface and can therefore release fish with ease.
Why You Need a Fishing Float Tube
Float tubes are superior to other types of fishing for a variety of reasons. such as:
- Since you have to use your feet to move on a float tube it makes it a great exercise.
- You can reach secret spots where no one else has been.
- You can actively search for the fishing by going behind them.
- With a fishing float tube, you can simply leave if a place gets too crowded for fishing.
- You can place yourself right above the deepest parts of the lake to get more fish.
- With you being the captain of the float tube yourself, you have the freedom of drifting away where ever you want.
- You can go where the fish food is located and get a chance to catch a lot more fish than you thought you would.
List of the Best Fishing Float Tubes
Now that we’ve gone over everything you need to know about fishing float tubes, it’s time to take a look at the best ones on the market today. We’ve compiled a list of the top ten fishing float tubes based on several factors, including build quality, comfort, fishing features, and portability.
So without further ado, here are the best fishing float tubes available today!
#1 Togiak Inflatable Fishing Float Tube
Togiak comes in at a whopping 55.25″ long, 47″ wide, and 19″ high when assembled, making it the perfect size for one person to sit on while fishing. It has a weight of 15 pounds and holds up to 300 pounds.
The high-back stadium seat with an adjustable backrest provides more support and comfort. Gear storage, small mesh pockets, flat zip pockets, and armrest storage with extra reel compartments.
If you’re searching for a mid-range floating tube for fishing, this is as good as it gets. There are lots to like and only a few negatives. It’s comfortable, steady, and relatively light.
- Togiak assembled size: 55.25″L x 47″W x 19″H, Weight: 15 lbs; 300 pound capacity
- Hydrodynamic hull shape improves stability, buoyancy and tracking
- High back stadium seat with adjustable backrest gives extra support and comfort
- Roomy armrest storage with additional reel pockets, gear pockets, small mesh pockets and flat zip pockets
#2 Classic Accessories Cumberland Fishing Float Tube
The Cumberland is a backpackable float tube with easy-to-use adjustable shoulder straps for convenient carrying. The hydrodynamic hull shape enhances tracking and steering. Long-lasting comfort is provided by the thickly cushioned seat and adjustable backrest, which are both adjustable. Two fishing rod holders have been incorporated into the Float Tube design.
Cumberland assembled size: 56″L x 44″W x 19″H, Weight: 14lbs. The front has a large chest pocket, two interior zip pockets, and two cargo pockets with easy-open double zippers.
This fishing float tube is a great value for the price. It’s packed with features, well-made, and comes at a very reasonable price point. The only downside is that it might be too large for some anglers.
- Cumberland assembled size: 56″L x 44″W x 19″H, Weight: 14lbs.
- Hydrodynamic hull shape improves tracking and steering; rugged PVC bottom
- Extra high seat provides a dry fishing experience and improves visibility; a comfortable, thickly padded seat with an adjustable backrest provides support for long fishing days
- Reliable storage includes a mesh pocket with draw cord closure, two interior zip pockets, and two cargo pockets with easy-open double zippers
#3 Caddis Platinum Elite Float Tube
The Caddis Platinum Elite Float Tube has all you need in a top-of-the-line float tube for fly fishing. This fly fishing float tube is built from welded PVC and comes with a bladderless design, making it extremely long-lasting. You can use the fins to fish or row if that’s your style.
The integrated ruler, which is conveniently positioned, makes it a breeze to measure your catch and safely release it into the water if you choose. The Caddis Platinum Elite Float Tube’s seat is inflatable, and the lap apron makes this fishing float tube an outstanding alternative for fly anglers since the line pick-up is much simpler.
The Caddis Platinum Elite Float Tube has two huge equipment pockets (one on each side) as well as a large rear pocket behind the seat. It’s simple to transport, and the built-in carry handles make it convenient.
#4 Classic Accessories Bighorn Fishing Float Tube
The Bighorn is a great choice if comfort is at the top of your list. This comfortable fishing float tube has a 300-pound weight capacity and a huge backrest that makes long days on the water much more pleasant. There’s also an improved tracking and steering design.
The Standard Features include a lot of storage for all of your goods in the armrests. You’ll appreciate the abundance of extra reel pockets, gear pockets, tiny mesh pockets, and flat zip pockets integrated into this unit. There’s even a rear storage pocket and an additional exterior pocket for keeping miscellaneous items close at hand.
Others report that this tube is extremely steady on the water, even for bigger guys. A fish ruler has been put on the apron as a convenience. The tube inflates in less than five minutes using an electric mattress pump. It takes some time to deflate this tube, but it does fold down and store away nicely once finished.
- Bighorn assembled size: 54″L x 50″W x 27″H, Weight: 11lbs. 300 pound capacity
- Hydrodynamic hull shape improves tracking and steering
- Extra large and comfortable backrest
- Roomy armrest storage with additional reel pockets, gear pockets, small mesh pockets, and flat zip pockets
#5 GoPlus Inflatable Fishing Float Tube
The GoPlus inflatable float tube for fishing has a clever design that keeps your catch fresh while you fish, with a net at the back of the seat. This tube has excellent buoyancy to keep you high in the water for simpler casting and reeling, too. The large backrest is adjustable, which is an excellent feature that’s often overlooked in other brands.
The GoPlus is designed to carry up to 350 pounds, so it can easily handle you and your gear for a full day on the lake. This unit is constructed of a waterproof polyester material that is tough enough to endure heavy use. It comes with a hand pump that allows you to inflate the tube quickly, no matter where you are.
This float tube is equipped with two storage compartments on either side that can also be used as armrests. There’s plenty of space for all of your stuff, as well as a fish ruler in front of the seat for convenience. Two adjustable shoulder straps are also included to make transportation to your destination even easier.
- High Load-bearing & Great Buoyancy — Our fishing float tube has great buoyancy, allowing you to fish safely and smoothly in the lake. There is a net at the back of the seat where you can store the big fish. The strong bearing capacity of 350lbs is enough to support your great booty.
- Completely Waterproof Polyester Fabric — In order to ensure the safety of users and the long service life of fishing float tubes, the materials we choose are premium polyester and PVC. Completely waterproof material ensures that the inflatable fishing float tube can be used on the water. So, feel free to use it and enjoy the feeling of catching a big fish.
- Easy to Inflate & Deflate — The inflatable fishing float tubes comes with a pump that allows you to quickly inflate the tube. In just a few minutes, you can get a perfect fishing float tube. When fishing fish, open the air valve can quickly take off the air and then receive.
#6 Classic Accessories Teton Inflatable Fishing Float Tube
The unique sculpted design of this lightweight fishing tube gives it a stylish, comfy look. The lower, arched backrest minimizes wind interference. The aprons have a simple-to-read fish ruler on them, and the armrests include numerous compartments for plenty of storage.
The Teton is a first-time tube fisherman’s dream. The lower seating made it easier for them to move around than higher seated versions, and the smaller design made it more portable than bigger backpacked models.
While the overall design is wonderful, some owners have reported leaks in the fishing inner tube that they could not find. A few more experienced users also complained that it sits too low in the water for their tastes. The smaller size implies a lesser weight capacity of 250 lbs., which is one of its selling features.
- Teton assembled size: 42.5″L x 40″W x 18.5″H, Weight: 8.5 lbs. 250 pound capacity
- Hydrodynamic hull shape improves tracking and steering
- One-year limited warranty
- Comfortable backrest
- Multiple compartment armrest pockets
- Float tube
- Comfortable backrest
- Hydrodynamic hull shape for improved tracking and steering
#7 White River Fly Shop Lost Lake Float Tube Combo
The White River Float Tube Combo is a great value option for fly fishermen with no prior experience. It includes everything you need to get started, including a pump to inflate the tube, fins to propel you once in the water, and a rod holder for safe keeping of your pole.
The White River Float Tube Combo includes a robust nylon packcloth that makes this tube highly abrasion resistant and suitable for years of fly fishing. Triple stitched seams increase the strength of the White River Float Tube Combo.
The White River Float Tube Combination’s maximum weight capacity is 225 pounds, putting it at the lower end of the spectrum. A great value-for-money option.
#8 LAZZO Inflatable Fishing Floating Tube
The LAZZO Inflatable Fishing Float Tube is a fantastic way to start belly boat fishing. It comes with a pump, so you can get started right away.
The LAZZO Inflatable Fishing Float Tube also features an adjustable backrest, which is usually only available on more expensive and mid-range fishing floats. It’s not a good choice for heavy people because it has a bearing capacity of fewer than 300 lbs (286 lbs).
The LAZZO Inflatable Fishing Float Tube is easy to transport thanks to its convenient adjustable straps. A seat buckle strap adds further protection when out on the sea.
- 【286 pounds Max Capacity】Designed With The Hydrodynamic hull shaped, Perfect for tracking and steering, giving you the best fishing or floating experience. Has great buoyancy, Make you fishing safety in the lake. The net at the back of the seat for storing the fish quickly, Enjoy your fishing time.
- 【Easy to Inflate & Deflate】Includes hand pump with four sizes of nozzles, Inflating the float bladders inflatable cushion and inflatable backrest quickly. Could get a complete fishing float tube In just a few minutes. Also deflate easily, open the valve can quickly take off the air, Or you could also use the deflation port of the air pump to deflate the floating bladder, inflatable cushion and inflatable backrest.
- 【High Quality Material 】 The waterproof Abrasion-resistant 600D oxford Fabric ensures the safety of users. The Extra comfortable inflatable seat and the adjustable inflatable backrest provide super support and comfort for long fishing days. Easy to find the most comfortable Backrest angle for enjoying the greatest fishing pleasure.
#9 Outcast Fish Cat 4 LCS Belly Boot
Link to buy: https://tinyurl.com/49n3dhhn
We’re moving into the premium fishing float tube area with the Outcast Fish Cat 4 LCS Belly Boot. At first sight, you won’t realize all of the features that distinguish this type of belly boat from others. The distinction is in small things.
The high seat of the Outcast Fish Cat 4 LCS Belly Boot makes you feel comfortable above the water and casting from a higher vantage point. The PVC bottom is extremely durable and abrasion resistant.
The Outcast Fish Cat 4 LCS Belly Boot has a maximum weight capacity of 250 pounds, which isn’t ideal for big folks. It weighs in at 15 pounds, making it an excellent choice for transporting to a remote lake or pond.
#10 Caddis Premier Plus II Float Tube
You’ll need one thing above all else if you’re searching for the finest float tube for fly fishing. Because casting a fly rod demands adequate arm clearance, sit higher up on the water. The inflatable seat in this float tube allows you to do just that. The inflated seat raises you up a bit higher in the water, allowing your casting arm to be free of the tube.
If you enjoy fly fishing, I actually like the way this item is put together at Caddis. It’s identical to my previous suggestion by Caddis in that it provides plenty of storage and high-quality valves, making inflation and deflation simple. When fly fishing with a stripping apron at the front, it’s really beneficial.
It’s the best place to store your catch after you’ve pulled it in because there are no catches. The color isn’t for everyone, but my friends who have used this find that there is no decrease in capture rate, so it’s all good.
|Caddis Premier Plus II Float Tube
|GoPlus Inflatable Fishing Float Tube
|Classic Accessories Teton Inflatable Fishing Float Tube
Why is Caddis Premier Plus II Float Tube the best fishing float tube on this list?
If you’re looking for the best fishing float tube, our top pick is the Caddis Premier Plus II Float Tube. It’s designed specifically for fly fishing, with a raised seat that gives you plenty of arm clearance for casting. It also has lots of storage space and high-quality valves for easy inflation and deflation. Plus, it comes in a bright orange color that makes it easy to spot on the water. If you’re fishing with a partner, they’ll be able to spot you from a distance and come to your rescue if needed!
Belly boat fishing may be a fantastic method to explore new areas. It’s easier than you’d think and gives you a lot of options when it comes to fishing. However, double-check that you have enough room for all of your gear before going on your first float tube excursion to a faraway pond or lake. You should also be prepared to deal with fishing in deeper water than you’re used to. But as long as you take the necessary precautions, fishing from a float tube can be an incredibly rewarding experience. Thanks for reading and happy fishing!
- Bass Pro Pontoon Boats
- Top 10 Must-Have Pontoon Boat Speakers
- 5 Best Flags For Pontoon Boats
- 10 Best Pontoon Grills
- Pontoon Boat Camping Package